Date(s) - October 25, 2021 - October 27, 2021
Crowne Plaza at the Crossings, Warwick, RI
Download this event to your calendar application
Meeting information will be updated closer to the event. Some information may change due to COVID-19 Guidelines.
October 25-27 Quarterly Meeting
Crown Plaza, Warwick, RI
Make a reservation with the hotel by calling 401-732-6000 or 800-227-6963, or click here and enter code “SPR” to receive the SPRI room rate of $139 per night. Please submit your room reservations as soon as possible.
Monday, October 25, 2021
This 2-hour seminar provides a description of how wind affects buildings, including practical examples observed during investigations of roof system performance after exposure to high wind events. Prior to the in-person event, registered attendees will receive access to an introductory webinar providing the “basics.” Learn more about this event here.
The in-person seminar includes:
- Introduction to code referenced versions of ASCE 7 and revisions for 2016;
- Basic criteria determining uplift
- Changes in the ASCE 7-16 versus previous versions
- An update on modifications to FM Loss Prevention Guide 1-28 and 1-29
- Design requirements for metal edging and gutters, which are the primary mode of roof system failure during high wind exposure;
- An overview of current SPRI Standards
- Discussion of IBC 2021 and Ballasted Systems
- Demonstration of DORA® and RoofNav system
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
- Technical Task Force Meetings
- Technical Committee Meeting
- Tuesday Evening Speaker Program: CRRC Update
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
- Board of Directors Meeting (open to all SPRI Members)
To view the Tuesday schedule, agendas and to register your meeting attendance visit: https://www.spri.org/oct21/
Registration is closed for this event.