Date(s) - October 25, 2021 - October 27, 2021
Meeting information will be updated closer to the event. Some information may change due to COVID-19 Guidelines.
October 25-27 Quarterly Meeting
Crown Plaza, Warwick, RI
Make a reservation with the hotel by calling 401-732-6000 or 800-227-6963, or click here and enter code “SPR” to receive the SPRI room rate of $139 per night. Please submit your room reservations as soon as possible.
Monday, October 25, 2021
This 2-hour seminar provides a description of how wind affects buildings, including practical examples observed during investigations of roof system performance after exposure to high wind events. Prior to the in-person event, registered attendees will receive access to an introductory webinar providing the “basics.” Learn more about this event here.
The in-person seminar includes:
- Introduction to code referenced versions of ASCE 7 and revisions for 2016;
- Basic criteria determining uplift
- Changes in the ASCE 7-16 versus previous versions
- An update on modifications to FM Loss Prevention Guide 1-28 and 1-29
- Design requirements for metal edging and gutters, which are the primary mode of roof system failure during high wind exposure;
- An overview of current SPRI Standards
- Discussion of IBC 2021 and Ballasted Systems
- Demonstration of DORA® and RoofNav system
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
- Technical Task Force Meetings
- Technical Committee Meeting
- Tuesday Evening Speaker Program: CRRC Update
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
- Board of Directors Meeting (open to all SPRI Members)
To view the Tuesday schedule, agendas and to register your meeting attendance visit: https://www.spri.org/oct21/
Registration is closed for this event.