SPRI activities during RCI Conference Week: March 19 – 27
Visit SPRI at booth 219 at the upcoming RCI Annual Conference and Trade Show in Houston, Texas, and be a part of the official launch of the DORA (Directory of Roofing Assemblies) platform. DORA is a brand new web-based service where design professionals can find testing and approvals for roof assemblies that may not be available anywhere else. SPRI will also highlight the information and services provided to the consultant community, including standard development and technical guidance.
Other SPRI Activities:
On 3/19 and 3/20, SPRI will be at EduCode in Las Vegas, Nevada. EduCode is a yearly gathering for code officials to gain continuing education and learn more about specific aspects of building code. SPRI will be involved in the following activities:
- Trade Show: SPRI will have a booth to meet with code officials and discuss how SPRI works to develop and advocate for safe, technically correct, and easily enforced code language.
- DORA: SPRI will demonstrate our newly released Directory of Roofing Assemblies (DORA).
- Training Seminar: SPRI will conduct a 4-hour training session to educate officials on code requirements for low slope roofing assemblies.
On 3/22 and 3/23, SPRI will be attending the RICOWI Spring Seminar and meetings.
- Roofing Seminar: This session on 3/22 will discuss the 2017 Hurricane season and the impact of hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria.
- Committee Meetings: On 3/23, SPRI members will help determine how RICOWI will handle future hail and wind investigations and discuss other projects that the group will focus on.
On 3/23, SPRI members will also be attending the Coalition for Product Procurement Reform meeting, focused on maintaining fair bidding and procurement practices for publicly funded roofing projects.
This busy week will end on Tuesday 3/27, where SPRI and the Kellen Company will be leading the Roofing Industry Technical Summit. The objective of this Technical Summit is to provide a forum to discuss technical and code issues impacting the roofing industry, and identify high priority issues that attendees could work to address collectively.